Port Cameron strives to develop and promote shore based, supplies, services, cargo, and other oil and gas service facilities in Southwest Louisiana by establishing a sea port terminal along the Louisiana Gulf Coast.
The goal of this shore based staging compound is to support and service oil and natural gas exploration, production, conversion, and exportation, as well as providing economic impact to Southwest Louisiana.
- Three phase power will be provided by the local power company, Jefferson Davis Electrical Co-Op. Power will be located alongside the access roads as well as near the ports bulkhead.
- Potable water and fire water will be provided by Cameron Parish Waterworks District No. 1. High volume potable and fire water mains will be made available alongside the access roads as well as near the Ports bulkhead.
- Domestic sewer services will be provided by Cameron Parish. Gravity sewer mains will be available alongside the access road fronting each lot.
- Communication services (telephone, cable, and internet) will be provided by Cameron Telephone Company (CamTel) or Bellsouth.
- Natural Gas service will be provided by Entex. Natural Gas mains will be available alongside the access road fronting each lot.
Port Cameron will be a fully secured facility. Any vehicle or personnel entering the port boundaries will first be cleared by Port Security. Vehicle inspections and individual clearances will be conducted at a 24-hour manned security checkpoint located along outside boundaries of the port. Only cleared vehicles and personnel will be allowed to enter the secured port area. Boundaries of the Port will be protected using a high security fencing system. Individual customers may construct further security measures on their leases as needed with Port administration approval.